The Library of the college has been named "Nalini Library" after Late Nalini Pattamahadei, wife of Late Krushna Chandra Gajapati Narayan Deo, Maharaja of Paralakhemundi, who contributed a handsome amount for the setting up of the Library. The Library had been formally inaugurated in April,1944.
At present total number of books and journals available in the Library are as follows :
General Library : 39,057
Book Bank & Lending Library : 03,604
Total : 42,661
Journals & Periodicals : 193
Magazine : 4,091
Total : 46,945
|TIME TABLE FOR LIBRARY BOOK ISSUE|
|Monday||1st & 3rd||+3 IIIrd Year Arts||+2 IInd year Science|
|2nd & 4th||+3 IIIrd Year Commerce||+2 IInd year Arts|
|Tuesday||1st & 3rd||+3 Ist year Commerce|
|2nd & 4th||+2 Ist year Commerce|
|Wednesday||1st & 3rd||+3 IIIrd year Science||+2 IInd year Commerce|
|2nd & 4th||+2 Ist year Science|
|Thursday||1st & 3rd||+3 IInd year Science|
|2nd & 4th||+3 IInd year Commerce|
|Friday||1st & 3rd||+3 Ist year Arts|
|2nd & 4th||+3 Ist year Science|
|Saturday||1st & 3rd||+3 IInd year Arts|
|2nd & 4th||+2 Ist year Arts|
1.a No student can use Library or issue books without producing his/her valid Identity Card of the college and Library Card at the library counter.
1.b A student immediately after admission into 1st year of +2/+3 class should produce his/her Identity Card of the College in the Library Counter for issue of Library Card to him/her.
1.c A student immediately after readmission into 2nd year of +2 class or 2nd/3rd year of +3 class can receive his/her Library Card in the same manner after producing his/her renewed Identity Card of the college.
1.d Students borrowing books from the Library should see that Library Card is properly filled in. They should also present the cards at the counter while returning the books. They should observe the instruction mentioned in the Library Card.
1.e No book should be taken out of the library without the knowledge of the Librarian and until it has been properly entered in the 'Loan-Register' and entry attested by the borrower.
1.f No person is allowed to enter inside into the Library without permission of the Library.
2. Each borrower must examine the condition of the book before it is issued. Otherwise in case of mutilation discovered later, the presumption will be against the particular borrower.
3. Book should be returned within the period allowed to a borrower.
4. When the date for the return of a book falls on an authorised holiday, it should be returned to the library on the next issue date.
5. All books belonging to the Library, and in the possession of borrowers should be returned to the library before the college closes for the Summer Vacation, or before the date notified for the purpose.
6. Whoever miight have a library book in his possession, should return it to the library, whenever receives a requisition notice for return of the book from the Librarian.
7. No marginal or other notes or making shall be made in the library books nor shall any picture or page be removed or torn out, or otherwise disfigured. In extreme cases, the borrower shall be asked to replace the books damaged by him.
8. A borrower, against whom any overdue or other charge is outstanding, shall not be allowed to borrow books further, and anyone, who has got a library deposit shall not be allowed to withdraw the same until the library dues are cleared up.
9. If any borrower keeps a library book in his possession for more than the time allowed, no more books will be issued to him, until the concerned book is restored to the library. In extreme cases, the privilege of using the library will be denied to him.
10. All those, who may happen to be inside the library, or in its neighbourhood are expected to observe strict silence.
11. Library premises should not be used for any purpose other than reading/consulation of books and periodicals of the library.
12. Spitting, smoking and use of narcotics inside the library are forbidden.
13. The following is a list showing the maximum number of books that may be issued to each borrowers of various classes :
a. Readers/Lecturers 30
b. Librarian/Demonstrators/PET 07
c. Ministerial Staff 05
d. Attendants & Menials 01
e. Students :-
+3 Hons Students 04
+3 Pass Students 02
+2 Students 01
14. Time allowed to keep library books with the borrower. Honours student for one month and other student for 15 days.
15. A book once issued may be reissued to the borrower only when nobody else requires that book. Books for reissue must be returned physically to the library for the relevant entries in the register.
16. Reference books and rare books and periodicals are not to be taken home without the permission of the Readers I/C of the concerned departments and Prof-in-charge of the library.
17. If any book is lost, price to the extent of triple the cost of the lost book, subject to minimum of the present market price, shall be collected from the borrower if he/she is unable to replace the book.
18. Students, who do not return the books within the time allowed will be fined 25 paise for each extra or part thereof for delay.
19. If a student loses his card, another card will be issued to him on application, and payment of one ruppee.
20. Persons using the library are supposed to have read the library rules, and are to strictly abide by them. Ignorance of the library rules will be no excuse for the breach of any rule.
The Nalini Library of the college runs a Lending Library containing text books on different subjects taught in the college. Text books may be borrowed from the Library by the students of the college on the following condition :
1. A student desiring to borrow books from the Lending Library should make a security deposit equal to the price of each book borrowed.
2. No student is allowed to borrow books, the total price of which exceeds Rs.200/-.
3. The books shall be returned to the Library immediately after the C.H.S.E/University examinations are over. Failure to return the books will entail loss of the deposit, and withholding the College Leaving or Transfer Certificate of the defaulting student.
4. The refund of deposits will be made to those borrowers, who have returned the books in good condition, only on the dates fixed by the Principal for the purpose.
The Nalini Library of the college has set up a Book-Bank containing prescribed textbooks on different subjects taught in the college. Textbooks are lent to the bonafied students of this college on the following condition :
1. A student desiring to borrow books from the Book-Bank should deposit 1/5th of the cost of the book borrowed. The deposit is non-refundable.
2. A student can borrow maximum two book at a time.
3. Books are borrowed till the end of test examination. On special cases books may be retained till the end of C.H.S.E/University examinations if full cost of the books is deposited as caution money.